1. Did you have any prior development or coding experience?
Yes, I did a bit of development on games but I had only been coding for few months before graduating from university.
2. What was the most challenging aspect of developing this mobile app?
Researching and creating the content. This also being one of my first apps frightened me.
3. Name a few of your favorite apps and reason/s you love them.
- I was inspired by Entrepreneur Mindset by Afradad Media during my campus days at Kyambogo University.
- Apps by Tulipdev also inspired projects I later created. The developer at Tulipdev also assisted me in creating one of my apps (Motivation app).
- La Musique app by Ankit Srivastava. I got to learn of Ankit from Quora when Business Startup had about 8,000 installs. I was struggling to market the app. Ankit’s story inspired me to reach out to editors and tech communities all over the world.
- Drum Pads Machines by Easybrain and Drum Pads 24 by Paul Lipnyagov. They are the inspiration to my current project Drum Pads Afrobeat.
4. How long have you been working on this app?
I started working on Business Startup weeks before my University graduation in November 2017. I managed to successfully research, code and upload the app in February 2018.
5. What need of the user did you have in mind when developing this app? (minimum 10 words).
I want my users to have financial freedom through business. Unemployment is high especially here in Africa. I wanted to inspire fellow youth to start and grow legitimate businesses.
6. In what way do you think your app is better than similar apps on the market? Please describe in detail what innovation you think you bring and what you are proud of in your app. Write it in personal way.
Business Startup – Entrepreneur Mindset has tips from successful entrepreneurs from all over the world such as Aliko Dangote, Jack Ma, Sara Blakely, Warren Buffet, Sudhril Ruparelia and others at the start of each chapter. Each tip relates to the chapter it’s in and content in the app is detailed and on point.
7. What are your future plans and expected features of the coming new versions of this app?
My future plans for Business Startup – Entrepreneur Mindset
- I plan on starting a community within the app. Conversations within the app would be of positive impact to community.
- Am going to incorporate Volume Two into Business Startup. Here I’ll educate on topics like Product Marketing
8. Assuming new users of your app are reading this page. What do you want to ask them to do (contact you about X, Share the app, etc.)?
New users are very welcome to try out the app. Please share the app with friends and family. Watch out for updates as well. This is just the beginning.